Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gerry's Grill Philippines gave birth to its baby -- 'Kusina ng Gerry's at Harbor Point Subic (A Review)

After 20 months of staying in Singapore and not able to come back my Philippine hometown made me missed all Filipino foods I used to eat for almost my whole life.  A day after I came back to Philippines last November 26, I decided to have lunch out with my whole family in one of the local restaurants inside Subic Bay.

As I was planning to go 'Gerry's Grill' along Waterfront, Subic Bay, which is quite far from the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority gate and will cost us to take a cab going there, my sister asked me to take Gerry's grill's 'baby branch' at Ayala Harbor Point Subic Bay. The restaurant was named as "Kusina ng Gerry's" (Gerry's Grill's Kitchen)

At first, I really thought that it was not really meant to be that way and thinking that this shop was just an imitation of the authentic Gerry's Grill, but it was not. The shop even carry it's trademark "Gerry's" name.

Upon seeing the shop and the listed menu, it was even the same as it's mother branch. Below are some of the observations I experience during our lunch at the shop:

1. "Kusina ng Gerry's" basically do not have a menu presented on table tops

Gerry's Grill, being the mother branch, have its well-presented menus like the typical fine-dining restos while Kusina ng Gerry's only have the listed menu type flashed at the oredering counter. The scenario of food-ordering at Kusina ng Gerry's is basically like ordering your favorite food in Mcdonalds.

2. Gerry's Grill and Kusina ng Gerry's are both in time:

As we were in the shop at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon and not yet having our lunch by then, we are indeed very much hungry. Good thing is that, we were there at the shop on weekdays and on a not rush-hour time so the ordering-thing is indeed fast. But what I really commend most is the promptness which all the staff have shown us. We waited for our food to be served in less than 15 minutes as I can remember.


Below are some of the foods we enjoyed on our lunch at Kusina ng Gerry's;


Pork Sisig

Pork Sinigang

Crispy Pata


No comments:

Post a Comment